Scuba diving equipment list
Whether you have had your dive trip booked for months and have been patiently waiting for the day to come round or you have taken advantage of an amazing deal on a last minute booking there is always a little concern about making sure you have packed everything you need. Sure, spare bits of kit may be available but you can bet it is no where near as good as your own kit.
To help make sure you take everything you need we have put together a scuba diving equipment list for you guys. Obviously what you eventually take will depend on the type of diving you will be doing but it is a good place to start.
Table of Contents
Main Dive bag
- A large and roomy bag, plenty of space for storage. Internal capacity of 4. 75 cu ft (135 liters).
- It is made from a strong radio frequency (RF) welded seam PVC and is waterproof, perfect for carry in a boat.
- 2 Shoulder straps and handle straps on both ends of the bag.
- Large beach bags and totes – 37″x 15″X 15″ huge storage space, perfect to Stores all your towels, sunscreen, snacks and other equipment for scuba diving or snorkeling gear.
- With extra exterior pockets, our mesh dive gear bag has 2 zipper pockets at each end
- Better vision, side vision, other masks can not provide visual experience, better enjoy the underwater world
- The skirt side of the mask adopts soft food-grade liquid silicone and double-layer waterproof design, which can prevent leakage and not compress the face
- Three-lens panoramic design for excellent peripheral vision ideal for both scuba diving and snorkeling.
- Lightweight, durable polycarbonate frame.
- Soft silicone skirt fits a wide range of face shapes.
- The multi-positional silicone soft mouthpiece provides extreme comfort during prolonged use.
- Large diameter snorkel tube provides unobstructed ease of breathing
- Minimal tube and mouthpiece bends provides easier clearing capability
- It features a float mechanism that closes instantly to prevent water from entering the snorkel whether accidentally or purposely submerged
- At the end of the tube, there is a small reservoir that collects water, which is very easy to expel thanks to the purge valve, simply by blowing without effort
- No more worrying about the perfect fit. The open-heel scuba fins feature a new click & pull buckle system. Simple to slide on & ready to be used in seconds. Our diving fins have an anti-slip sole for a safe use on any surface
- These swim flippers are made from hi-quality, lightweight materials, for longer lifespan & easy transportation. Reinforced blade rails & soft, flexible foot pocket offers extra propulsion & easy movement underwater
- Pluma is an extraordinary fin that makes the most of a sophisticated molding technology designed specifically for snorkeling, scuba diving and freediving.
- Patented Cressi molding technology used to create a lightweight, responsive blade.
- Foot pocket made from soft thermo-rubber and the computer-designed shape offers great comfort as well as making them suitable for long use.
It is made of 3mm neoprene + nylon elastic fabric. It is high-quality healthy, harmless, soft and comfortable, and skin friendly. Flatlock stitching, the line is delicate and neat. Guardian (Ⅰ) Warrior full men wetsuits can keep you warm, help you float more easily, and help you master swimming and diving skills faster.
Use harmless glue to bond neoprene and two layers of nylon fabrics, then seam all panels firmly by the flat lock stitching method. The thickness of the 3MM and 2MM combination is sufficient to meet the basic warmth requirements.
- 3mm neoprene wetsuit material is ideal for warm to temperate waters.
- Tough shoulder and knee pads add extra strength for surfing or wearing a BCD.
- Flat-lock stitching is soft and comfortable enough for all-day wear.
- High-flex neoprene panels in the knee and armpit maximize movement in the water.
- Extra long leash and a sturdy, bulky zipper makes it easy to slip in and out of.
- Low cut shoes.
- Very lightweight, perfect for travel
- With non-slip rubber sole
- Made of Super Elastic and Ultra Durable Nylon ll Neoprene Rubber to ensure comfort and a perfect control of the scuba diving fins.
- Rubber Heel and Toe Cap for Added Strength and Durability.
- Includes: Aqua Lung Pro HD BCD Features: SureLock II Mechanical Weight Release System
- Aqua Lung i300C Air, Nitrox Two Gauge Computer Console: Features 4 operating modes. Air, Nitrox, Gauge with run timer, and Free Dive with Nitrox mix to 50% O2
- The Aqua Lung Pressure Gauge delivers both remaining air pressure and temperature in one easy-to-read display.
- Hook and Loop closure
- Constructed from soft and flexible premium neoprene material.
- Easy-flexing gloves deliver abrasion and thermal protection without sacrificing dexterity.
- Glued and sewn seams ensure water integrity.
- Gator elastic closure fits easily over wetsuit sleeves for secure and streamlined seal.
- These neoprene gloves are glued blind stitched, strong but flexible, provide perfect protection for your hands in multiple water sports, keep your hands safe against any dangerous objects or creatures.
- The diving gloves are made from premium neoprene which is thermal and covered with soft elastic fabric, continuously keep your hands warm in water and winter sports.
- Great Palm Grip – With the anti-slip rubber printed palms
- Thanks to an innovative flow vent in the crown, our diving hoods help eliminate trapped air from SCUBA regulator exhaust and surface entry! By reducing ballooning, they offer an anatomical fit and help you perform at your best.
- To help block water entry around the face, each SCUBA hat features a versatile face seal! Diving with a mask or goggles? Simply trim the seal for a one-of-a-kind fit tailored to your unique needs, improving comfort and function.
- Skyone diving cap made with 3MM or 5MM premium neoprene to give you a flexible and comfortable fit, you will have less restrictions during in the water, offer you a comfortable diving experience
- 150% high stretch and excellent recovery, glued and blind stitched for superior strength and durability with less water absorbs, don’t worry about ripped, Skyone scuba wetsuit hood will be a long term partner for you
- 420C stainless steel, overall length: approx 8.5″,blade length: approx 4″.
- 1x knife,2 x sheaths that impact-resistant ABS plastic sheath and nylon holster,4 x adjustable 3/4 inch wide straps that 2 x elastic straps and 2 x nylon straps.
- The diving knife is made from 440c stainless steel with great sharpness, durability and hardness. The dive knife has a razor cutting edge and a serrated cutting edge. The sharp diving knife can offer you great protection when diving and the stainless steel never get rust and could be used for a long time.
- The diving knife includes a black diving knife, a heavy duty plastic sheath for the knife, two leg/arm straps and a nylon material sheath for the knife. The whole knife measures 8.65 inches. You can carry the diving knife set anywhere you want.
- A heavy-duty piston 1st stage, affordable, simple, reliable and robust, suitable for intense use. Appreciated by Dive Centers and specialized companies who consider it to be a very reliable device, due to the surprising level of performance.
- Conical filter with large filtering capacity, essential for preventing infiltration of particles from the tanks. Exterior LP regulation with a common hexagonal key, greatly facilitates managing adjustments and technical maintenance.
- Non-adjustable second stage
- Comfortable silicone mouthpiece
- Large purge button
- Comes with a yellow 36″ 350PSI hose
- A single button Dive Computer makes it effortless to set Air, Nitrox and Gauge modes. Ideal for beginners in Scuba Diving. It is easy to use and easy to read all the information due to the high-definition screen that gives large numerical displays.
- FO2 adjustable between 21% and 50%. PO2 adjustable between 1.2 bar and 1.6 bar. CNS oxygen toxicity graphic indicator.Three levels of user adjustable conservatism. Visual and distinct, easy-to-hear audible alarms.
- Super Sharp and Clear Display
- Perfect Ergonomics and User-friendliness and Gas switching
- Mineral Glass Display
- Segment Display
- Software upgrade ability
- Bright Torch: Super bright XPL- LED flashlight the maximum output brightness is up to 1000 lumens, Dive Light can be used in maximum 80meters underwater, gives you super bright white light underwater. lifetime >50,000 hours.
- Switch 5 Modes: High / Medium / Low / Strobe / SOS. The diving flashlight has a magnetic induction rotary switch on the neck. It allows you to adjust the brightness according to the underwater environment, Suitable for different situations
- This dive light is made in durable aluminum alloy material, and it has low power indicating and protection, which is necessary for scuba divers before and during diving. All our batteries are equipped with over charge protection clips. Our diving flashlight will be your best choice for scuba diving.
- Equipped with professional photography warm light, which can truly reflect the original colors of underwater objects, so that divers can take the photography effect they want. It is small sized, lightweight and easy to carry, which it’s ideal for professional diving and recreational diving.
- Colorful, fade-resistant colors
- Vinyl is tough and long lasting
- Matte finish resists scratching
- Hardened with antimoney to prevent deforming
- Available colors: Black, blue and yellow
Surface marker buoys
- Inflatable Diver Below Buoy / Float (13′ diameter) for constant surface signalling and easy storage
- Reinforced internationally recognized dive flag (12’x11′ size) with greater strength to prevent the flag from folding or flopping in the wind improving visibility on the surface
- Adjust the view angle of this action camera according to your needs between 170°, 140°, 110°, and 70°. Built in smart gyroscope for anti-shaking and image stabilization to make your video much more smooth.
- Place your action camera into the waterproof case and securely fasten it, then you can dive below 30 meters. This underwater camera is ideal for water sports such as swimming, surfing, diving, etc. 2” IPS screen allows you to preview the video in action camera.
- External Microphone & Remote Control – External 2.5mm Microphone(Included), help you to captures sound from all directions with crisp details. Remote control help control your camera wirelessly. Red button for photo taking and grey button for video recording.
- 131 Feet(40m) Waterproof Camera – The waterproof case this camera comes with is made of IP68 material. you can dive up to 131ft. Perfect protection from rocks, dust and scratches.
Scuba Diving Equipment List and Description
Mask & Snorkel
You can open your eyes underwater but your vision will be blurry so this is why you will need a diving mask. The diving mask should have tempered glass. A snorkel is used on the surface for long surface swims to conserve air, or if the surface is choppy.
A regulator will consist of 4 main hoses.
1. A Primary Air Source that the diver will breathe from.
2. A Secondary Air Source (also known as an Alternate, or an Octopus) for your buddy if they run out of air.
3. A Submersible Pressure Gauge (SPG) so you know how much air is in your tank.
4. A Low-Pressure Inflator (LPI) that will connect your tank to your BCD so you can inflate the jacket.
Air tanks can come in various sizes. This will hold your air or the gas you will breathe from.
A Buoyancy Control Device or Buoyancy Compensator is an inflatable bladder that the dive will wear. It is typically a jacket or a wing-style. The bladder controls a diver’s buoyancy, and helps you go up and down underwater, and will keep you buoyant for safety while on the surface.
Fins (not flippers!) are worn on your feet to help you move more efficiently underwater. They extend your leg so you get more power when you kick your legs. There are many styles and designs of fins. You can also choose from open or closed-heeled fins, and wear fins with or without dive boots.
Weights / Weight-belt
Weights will help you descend in the water. They can be worn on a weight-belt, or as integrated weights in your BCD pockets. The number of weights will depend on several factors, and you should be properly weighted to make scuba diving more comfortable.
A dive computer will tell you important information that you need while scuba diving. At a minimum, it will give you the depth, the time elapsed during your dive, and your No-Decompression Limit (NDL). Take a look at the difference between a dive watch and other features of a dive computer.
There are several types of exposure protection that you can wear as a scuba diver. Drysuits are used in cold water diving. Wetsuits come in various thicknesses depending on the water temperatures, and rash-guards are comfortable for warm water diving.
Hood, Gloves, Booties
These items are additional exposure protection that may be used in cold water diving, or in more extreme diving conditions such as in caves or wrecks.
A compass will tell you the direction of magnetic North. This is important when learning how to navigate a new dive site, and how to return back to a dive boat. Navigating with a compass underwater is a great skill for any diver; beginner or experienced.
A dive torch will brighten things up underwater. The light allows colors to pop out as we lose color quickly in the water. It is also made specifically for underwater use. Firstly, it is waterproof Secondly, it is very strong which causes it to heat up. This is why you should only use dive torches/lights underwater, and not on-land as they may overheat.
Dive Knife / Cutting Tool
A dive knife or cutting tool is a standard piece of equipment for divers. This is placed in a pocket, or somewhere that is easily accessible by both hands (sometimes it it strapped onto your leg). It is especially useful for removing fishnets or lines that may cause entanglement to the diver.
Surface Marker Buoy or Dive Flag
This is a visible marker that floats on the surface while a diver is under the water. A delayed surface marker buoy (dSMB) is inflated and deployed near the end of the dive, during a safety stop before the diver comes up from the dive. While a dive flag will remain on the surface during the whole dive. Buoys and flags warn boat traffic and people above that there is a diver below and to exercise caution when moving on the surface.
Whistle / Noise-Maker
Another safety piece of any scuba diving kit is some sort of noise-maker, such as a whistle or a shaker. This is used to alert boats on the surface, or other people underwater, in the event of an emergency or a separation. Losing a dive on the surface is rare, but it can happen.
How do I clean and maintain scuba gear?
Scuba gear is designed to be rugged and durable. Most items will last you many years–if you take care of them properly. Some top tips from old pros:
• Immerse your gear in fresh, clean water after use. Do not spray.
• Partially fill your BC with fresh water, slosh it around, then drain.
• Allow each item to dry thoroughly before storing in a cool, dry and clean area.
• Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight, heat and chlorinated water.
• Do not allow contact with petroleum products or other solvents.
• Protect your gear from physical shock when transporting it, especially on airlines.
• At least once per year (more if you dive frequently) have your BC, reg and computer serviced by your dive store. The leading cause of equipment failure is lack of maintenance.
• Do not allow moisture into the air intake of your regulator’s first stage, and do not depress the purge on your second stage unless the unit is pressurized.
• Inspect each item of gear well before a planned dive trip so there is time for repairs. Do not dive if your equipment is less than 100 percent reliable.